Awakened by M. Lathan - Quotes/Highlights

We watched my dad walk inside of the house and hilariously tuck himself behind a curtain as if we hadn’t seen him hide there. He was the worst spy ever.

“What were their names?” I asked. “The brothers?” “Obviously, Thunder and Lightning. What did you expect? Bert and Ross? You can’t live in the sky with those names.”

He could call her whatever he wanted to call her. Friend, soul mate, the girl who was wearing my mother’s ring around her neck. It didn’t matter. Christine was mine and I was hers in a forever kind of way.

Lydia could win an award for gilt tripping.

Life seemed to have been designed to send us whirling into each other at the perfect time.

After spending a few hours in the sun, drunk on that scent, I got too handsy with Chris when I’d thought no one was watching. Christopher Gavin was always watching. He promptly kicked me out without the option to return for dinner.

The hole I would put in Carter’s throat today would be solely because of this unsanitary moment.

No one should ever have to ask themselves, Can I kill this nun?

“Don’t worry Mr. Reece,” he said, “I’m almost old enough to be her father. Not that … I think about being her father. God, boss, that was weird. I’m sorry.”

I don't know what happened to the rest of my highlights, seems like my kindle stole them from me D:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Soul Healer by Melissa Giorgio

Destined for Dreams by Ginna Moran

Dias de Sangue e Estrelas por Laini Taylor