The Light Tamer by Devyn Dawson


The Light Tamer Trilogy #1


The Light Tamer
     ****WARNING**** This book contains a love story. Yes, there is"instalove", but there's so much more than love. There's a beautiful friendship between an unlikely pair, and a grandma who will keep you laughing. This is a YOUNG ADULT book ages 13+ Do you believe in faeries? This is meant for ages 13 and up.

     A move from the Bronx in New York, to New Bern, North Carolina, is not what Jessie Lucente planned before her junior year. Her selfish alcoholic father left for Greece, causing her mom to make the decision to move. Fate has a way of aligning our life to meet its correct path, and this is no coincidence to be ignored.

     Jessie is faithful to two things, her "THIS SUCKS" list, and her friend Jersey. How could she not know about Light Tamers? How could she not know SHE'S a Light Tamer? Caleb, her true mate - the one who has been bound to her, will hold her hand along the way to discovery. They will soon find out the world of Tamers is more complicated than expected. Their relationship is sweet, complicated, strained, and full of gooey kisses and teen angst.


Review
I loved this book. And it's not my first time reading it. Though the first time I read this book, the trilogy wasn't complete so I didn't get to finish the whole story.

I love when authors come up with new concepts for books. And Light Tamers sure is something different.

Even though I'm much older than the protagonists, I didn't see this book as too juvenile or the characters too childish. I loved them. Jessie is a lovable character and Caleb is a great guy.

The book does have a feel of insta-love but also of first love and even though there's the whole soulmate thing, we do get a feel of how a teenager would feel, doubt and fear in a first relationship.

I liked the whole supernatural aspect also mixed with a little bit of mythology which I love.

And now I can finally read the rest of this trilogy \o/


Author Pages

If you're interested, you could use my links below to buy the book, it would help me a lot.
  • iBooks:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Hidden: A Crossroads Tale

The Soul Healer by Melissa Giorgio

Revive by S.C. Harrison