A Hint of Magic by Claire Chilton


The Demon Diaries Origins #1


A Hint of Magic
She’s looking for a hint of magic in her world…

    Dora Carridine is fed up with her life as a preacher’s daughter and sets out to explore the darker side of life instead. If she could just find some magic in the world, then maybe she will find a place she belongs.
    When she comes across a coven of witches, she takes on their trials to try and join them.       But the witches aren’t all they appear to be, and Dora finds herself slipping into a darker world than she imagined.
     She has to make a choice to do the right thing, but Dora’s never been very good at doing anything right…

Review
I read 'A Hint of Hell' before this one and I can't help but think how Dora and Kieron are in a complete swap of places. Not that I think Dora's evil, but she can pull a mean streak much better than Kieron and their looks certainly fit better if they were "Switched" in maternity. Who knows right? With Dora's father calling her Demon's Spam, everything seem possible.

So I like how Dora seemed more like a witch than the witches she encountered and even though I don't like much of her swearing vocabulary, she's still pretty funny and honest in her "sinful" acts which most of the time are not as bad as her parents make her think.

I don't like too religious people. I'm religious, but my life doesn't revolve around it. I respect God, pray everyday and go to Church at Sunday, but got say there's a lot of Churches out there that doesn't seem that holy and seems to take profits of others faith. And I can't help but think that Dora's parents aren't that holy as they may think they are.


Author Pages

If you're interested, you could use my links below to buy the book, it would help me a lot.
  • iBooks:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Hidden: A Crossroads Tale

The Soul Healer by Melissa Giorgio

Review: Touched by Grace