Into the Spiral by Erin Danzer - Quotes/Highlights


She was still a minor and wasn't even supposed to be in here without a parent; flashing some of the other customers would just make more trouble if anyone found out.

“Yes, I’m sure. I haven’t been haunting this place all summer for my health.”

The only thing that could make it worse was if it stormed again tonight and she got struck by lightning.

“So, he got you something,” Andi commented. “And you weren't there to pick it out for him. I wonder what it could be.”

“Well, I might not have tried to get struck by lightning, but I thought about it.”

“At dinner,when Brian showed up, I thought about getting struck by lightning. What if I wished it into existence?”

“What are you doing?” Andi asked as Ronnie turned away from the corner.Ronnie gasped.“What does it look like?” Ronnie snapped. “I’m checking the corner for monsters.”

“You just keep looking better and better every time I see you,” she replied boldly and clenched her hand into a fist to keep from covering her mouth. Andi's eyes widened as she looked at Ronnie and both girls thought the same thing:where had that come from?

what did I miss?”
“Do you want the part about Derrick Redding hitting on me or Miss Uppity telling me I look like I belong o na street corner?”

“First of all, you don’t look like a hooker. You don’t look any worse than half the girls in this school. You should see some of the freshmen.”

“I was bored,” he muttered. “And your hair is really pretty.”

“I’m getting lunch,” he told her. “But if that tortures you, I won’t eat.”

“It was very... interesting. Honestly, it reminded me a lot of what my day was like today, except for all the Star fighter stuff. It’s like you followed me around all day, wrote down everything that happened and then published it.”

“Yes, I was following you; I have nothing better to do than stalk you,”

“Do you always rescue damsels in distress?”“Only when it’s you; any other damsels have to find their own Prince Charming.”

“Who are you?” she whispered. Her arm dropped back to her side.“You already know; I’m the annoying new guy.”
“Yeah, the annoying new guy who appears out of thin air and moves with lightning fast reflexes.”

“Gavin, stop,” she mumbled as she pushed his hand away.“Um, no,” Andi spoke up.Ronnie’s eyes flew open. She stared up at Andi in horror, making her best friend laugh.“Though I am going to want to know what he was doing you wanted him to stop,”

“You know,that’s not the only thing my hands are good at.”

“Well, I couldn't exactly call you Princess in front of your boyfriend; he probably would have pulverized me.”

“You know, you’re definitely not the jerk I first thought you were.”“I told you I could make you like me.”

“You gotta let me go,Princess.”
“Only for a little while.”

“You could be like my gay best friend, braiding my hair every day,” she teased giggling. He stopped brushing her hair and leaned down so their faces were next to each other in the mirror.The smoldering look he gave her made her freeze as warm awareness rushed through her.“I am anything but gay,” he told her, his breath warm against her ear.

“What can I say; I was blind but now I see,” he said and began eating. She laughed.“You’re such a dork,”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Soul Healer by Melissa Giorgio

Destined for Dreams by Ginna Moran

Dias de Sangue e Estrelas por Laini Taylor