Runes by Ednah Walters


Runes #1


Runes
Seventeen-year-old Raine Cooper has enough on her plate dealing with her father’s disappearance, her mother’s erratic behavior and the possibility of her boyfriend relocating. The last thing she needs is Torin St. James—a mysterious new neighbor with a wicked smile and uncanny way of reading her.
Raine is drawn to Torin’s dark sexiness against her better judgment, until he saves her life with weird marks and she realizes he is different. But by healing her, Torin changes something inside Raine. Now she can’t stop thinking about him. Half the time, she’s not sure whether to fall into his arms or run.
Scared, she sets out to find out what Torin is. But the closer she gets to the truth the more she uncovers something sinister about him. What Torin is goes back to an ancient mythology and Raine is somehow part of it. Not only is she and her friends in danger, she must choose a side, but the wrong choice will cost Raine her life.


Review
I have to begin saying that I love mythology and certainly want to give a chance to all books that involve mythological characters, so it's not a surprise that I love the idea for the Runes series.

I love when a series doesn't revolve around just two or three characters and in Ednah's book we always get to know a lot of characters and end up loving or hating some of them. Everyone is important in their own way and have their good and bad points and it seems impossible to only like the main characters.

I'm a big fan of romance and even though it seemed kind of obvious who Rainie liked more, it kind of took some time to happen and when it did... let me just say it wasn't how I would have liked it. And I really can't say that I totally expected the Cora and Eirik factor because even though one was sort of obvious, the other not quite so and this was just unnecessary and confusing for me.
I don't know, I guess it could've been much better with less drama I guess.

This book is full of funny, anxious, swooning, sad, happy, angry moments and you can't help but want to finish as fast as you can but also hoping that it doesn't really end. And until the end there are some surprise elements and of course the end almost killed me. Good thing I decided to begin reading this series a few books later or else I would be dying right now. But since I do have the rest of the series available, I can just begin right on the next book!!

I really recommend this book for those that love mythology and wants a taste for getting to know a little more about the Norse one.


Author Pages

If you're interested, you could use my links below to buy the book, it would help me a lot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Hidden: A Crossroads Tale

The Soul Healer by Melissa Giorgio

Revive by S.C. Harrison